In this course you will learn how all the vowel and diphthong sounds are made, compare similar sounds, and learn about common mistakes people from different language groups make. You’ll also learn some key related topics in English pronunciation, like syllable length and placement. The live classes each involve a lecture by Rachel and a Question and Answer session. In each class, some students will be picked at random, with their consent, to receive live coaching and feedback from Rachel (Rachel will turn on their webcams). Each week, you will be given study material to prepare for the lecture in advance. This will include text and videos.
Anyone looking to improve their spoken American English should take this course. Teachers who are native speakers are also welcome to take this course to learn in-depth about the vowel sounds, and observe Rachel’s teaching technique.
- Understand Vowel and Diphthong sounds of American English
- Learn pronunciation through phonetic breakdown of words
- Communicate effectively and confidently in American English
How will this course be conducted?
- 15 (5 unique) live online classes, covered in a duration of 5 weeks, conducted on Virtual Classroom Platform
- Class Timings : 6 P.M. and 10 P.M. (EST) every Tuesday & 9 A.M. (EST) every Thursday
Topics Covered by Week
- Week 1 [i], [ɪ], [eɪ]
- Week 2 [ə], [ʌ], [ɑ], [ɔ]
- Week 3 [æ], [ɛ], [ɑ]
- Week 4 [u], [ju], [ʊ], [ɜ]
- Week 5 [aɪ], [aʊ], [oʊ], [ɔɪ]
Never seen Rachel in action?
Check out her teaching style by browsing her library of over 300 videos on YouTube! : Rachel's English on Youtube
Language of instruction: English